Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Shake the magic 8ball

I spent the day working with an associate who just joined the firm a year ago after doing a 3 year stint with a federal judge. She is a sharp attorney and has really given me some great advice. The advice today kinda bummed me out though. "Prepare to work 6 or 7 days a week your first few years practicing". Thank God I only have two more years of school and a bar exam before I start all this. No wonder why lawyers say law school was the easy part.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is it that you lawyers (who know nothing of depreciation, fixed asset write-offs, Cost of Goods Sold, and the like) get all these amenities while us finance shmucks sit on a three legged stool in a dimly lit room pounding away at debits and credits?!?

I'd castigate the whole lot of you like you deserve....





.....but my attorney has advised me not to.

Abogada said...

Hey now, some of us future lawyers happen to have business degrees and know more than we would like to about depreciations and COGS and the like.