Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Ree-hee-heely

Today was a redeeming day. I have been a little stressed out about the response to the MSJ lately. Today, I turned it in reluctantly 1/2 a day late. All day I stewed about how it would sit with him.

Mid afternoon I went to see an oral argument at the Federal Courthouse down the street. It was the same old thing until the judge started clipping his fingernails while the parties were giving their arguments. I was in awe. One attorney even lost his train of thought. That wasnt even the worst part. Then the judge starting dozing off. His head would bounce until the rigidity of his neck woke him back up. Glad it wasnt my argument that inspired the siesta.

Later in the day the attorney called me in to his office to "discuss" my memo. I was crappin some serious bricks at this point. As I sat down in his office, he looked at me and said that I did a really good job. He said my writing was "praiseworthy". I was so happy im not sure I even heard the rest of the feedback. To make a long story longer, he assigned me more work. Repeat business is always a good thing.

Capped the day off with drinks in celebration of two new attorneys at the firm. Two named partners showed up which is a rare thing, so I schmoozed my ass off.

The real joy of my day: Finding out that the attorney who had called my writing "praiseworthy" two hours previous, is a former nominee of the pulitzer prize for his writing before lawschool.

For my non legal readers: MSJ stands for Monogamous Single Jackrabbits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome work! Good luck with your future jackrabbits!

-Ope

Anonymous said...

Good job bud.
~Snowy