Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Summer's Eve

We all knew the silence wouldn't last. I am too damn annoyable. Douchebag of the week award goes to the guy who is 28 but looks 42 in my civ pro class. As he tried to enter the row where we sat, he approached our book bags and just stood there. Instead of walking past them, he stood there, for about a minute while I moved over so he could get by. Still sitting there I asked him if I could help him. He glared at me and stood there silent. Smiling, I asked him again what he needed. He then blurted that he was not going to do the long jump to get to his seat. He then pointed to my neighbor's backpack as the offending culprit. Keep in mind there was plenty of room to get by. Ask and you shall receive. I answered his question. "Not Mine". The look of contempt on his face was only magnified by the coke bottles glued to his eyes. Apparently, his manners vanished with his eyesight. I wished him good luck and let him run the gauntlet. I think he knew that the entire row was not going to move their shit just so he had a perfectly clear path. He eventually ran the gauntlet, and as soon as he made it to his seat we traded sneers. So here's to you, Douchebag of the week. Good luck next week when I bring in my camping backpack.

3 comments:

JArguien said...

Men of Genius!

Heres to you Mr. Can't-Get-Around-The-Backpack-Man!

You stubbornly sneer rather than risking an actual confrontation!

(Singing) Peace on Earth...

Reminding us all that we need to remember not to impead others on the way to our seats!

(Singing) Not playing Pitfall...

You keep us in line with your murky gaze and chronic masterbation smell!

(Singing) Had one in the bathroom...

So lets all drink a Bud Light! Thank you Mr. Can't-Get-Around-The-Backpack-Man!

(Singing) jorts!...

Abogada said...

There's always at least one in every law school class. They are the same guy that comes up with all the crazy "what if" hypos that could never happen in real life, and they ask stupid questions over and over in class and put the professors in a bad mood. They are professionals at ruining class for everyone else.

Anonymous said...

Man he was a douchebag. I may have to start my own blog, just because I get annoyed by stuff all day. I think I basically don't like people. Or maybe I'm type A, I don't know.
~Snowy