Friday, September 16, 2005

THe longest post ever written by a short 2nd year law student frat boy on a friday night at 11pm wearing velcro gloves.

The transition to my second year of law school has been frought with many experiences that have tested my ambition. I first left the city where I did my first year of school, leaving behind the love of my life, and some friends.

I came home to a city that I can see myself living in after law school, but not quite sure if that works for all interested parties. In fact, the one thing ive learned is how someone can make anywhere home.

So here I am now. Juggling the constant pressure to get good grades as my gpa starts over. I have a lot to prove to myself, and for that matter to the people at my old firm that expect good things out of me. Im not sure when exactly I starting caring what they thought, but I would be lying if I said that part of the reason I want to do well is so I can get hired there.

Lately, I seem to have many more mood swings than usual. For those who know me, that can get a little overbearing as I often have 10 mood swings a day. The feeling that you wish you could bring the past back to relive it has been haunting me. Not that I would change many things, but just so I could re-experience the good things in my life.

I suppose that the point of this post is to remind myself to stop and smell the roses. All this artificial pressure is useless in making myself happy. Living without the girl that I love is hard enough, but I know now that I need to find a way to be happy alone, so that if im lucky enough to ever get her back, I can make her truly happy. This goal is partially selfish too though, as I do not need to schedule my depression for Tuesdays and Thursdays as I have been. I need to find a way to love everything I do. Its the only way im gonna make it.

1 comment:

Abogada said...

Well- at least it is good to know we're in the same boat. Smile...you are super-hot.