Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Who's the Turkey Now?

This town is particularly annoying. No grocery store in walking distance, no starbucks, and a whole lotta annoying law students. It seems like everyone gets to go home for turkey day. Except me. Im not going to whine about it too long. I guess this is the point in the term when a four day weekend can come in handy. The only problem is that im stuck in this town with nothing to do except study. Ghetto. The marketing dept at this school is great. The brochures make this place look like the streets are paved in gold.
So now, ironically it seems, that i am working hard to get out of the ghetto. I plan on using this weekend to my advantage. A little turkey with some friends, a little football, and a crapload of studying. I figure that if i time it right, i will be perfectly nuts and burn out as i hit that last sentence on my friday exam. Then 13 days of detox and back to the grind. I cant tell if im nuts or everyone else is. Caffeine is my alter ego.

Maybe i shouldnt blog when im in a bad mood?

1 comment:

majqa said...

I signed up right away when I saw the golden streets, and lo and behold it turned out to be a complete sham. I RELIED on those golden streets to be there, but no... no streets paved with gold (unless bird shit in Michigan is gold).

Sounds like a breach to me and job for promissory estoppel.