Monday, November 08, 2004

Week 10

Its getting to be that time of the term. Those that are near dropping are collapsing, people are drooling on their books in hopes that Property 1 will provide a good pillow while catching a little shut eye at the library. I feel good about where im at. I could be further but that is always the case.

The one thing that ive noticed the most about studying law so far is how much it opens your eyes to the crap of society. I have always had expectations for the general humanity that are rarely met, and the curriculum certainly qualifies my opinion. In fact, it even makes me feel worse about the world. Daily we read about lawsuits, torts, adultery, injuries, deaths and pretty much everything else you can argue about. Its hard to think that its possible to have a personal influence on the world when you see so much crap around you. Maybe the lawyers who only do it for money have something going for them. I have lately decided to explore public interest law, aka "working as a waiter on the weekends, just so i can pay my rent, but its ok because im saving the world" law. We shall see how that goes. On the other hand, maybe the world just needs another greedy asshole wearing a $300 dollar tie, splashing the treehuggers waiting for the bus as I drive by in my M series. It could go either way. More on that later...

My republican friends are loving it lately. For the most part they are gracious winners. Lets see what W does for the economy and for the troops overseas. Im not putting my Alex P. Keaton sweater yet.

This study break is over. I hear an ambulance coming. Better lace up my Nikes.

No comments: