Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Stupid Phrases

For a profession that teaches one to communicate concisely, effectively, and powerfully, it sure has some stupid phrases common to the law school culture. What the hell is an attack outline? I don't see william wallace yelling "hold" while your elements of larceny fight against accomplice liability sneaking out of a Trojan horse. Dumb phrase. Reasonable man? Please. Everyone is reasonable. "a reasonably prudent buyer"- isn't this redundant. Isn't this redundant. Just kidding.

I understand the reason to coin a term to popularize a style, but attack outlines mean nothing. Why don't they call it "shorter outlines", or "less than a damn treatise outline". Or "bet you wish you would have written more so you don't miss big arguments outline".

Flashcards are my best friend right now. Itching for the OC on Thursday, even though I wont get to watch it until Sunday. I called Fox and asked them to switch the day so that I can stay current. I didn't think that was too much to ask. Still waiting for a call back. Back to the casting couch.. I mean studies. hehe.

No comments: