Monday, January 17, 2005

Transferring for Three Easy Installments of $49.95

From my conversations with many peers and the comments on various blogs I wanted to discuss the transfer process so far.

I am primarily applying to schools on the west coast of the country. About half of the schools I am applying to take early applications. Most will make a decision based on first term grades although some will admit based on similar completion of your second term. This differs vastly from school to school and most of my east coasters tell me that they have to wait until the first year grades are in to apply.

I encourage all to apply as early as possible. Except to the schools where I am applying. Then, please wait until next September. Just kidding. Sometimes the early bird gets the worm. I feel that my grades for first term might be strong enough alone, but I also plan on letting them know who I am again. Not just some guy with a decent gpa, a guy who wants to go to their school because they have the best legal library in the country. Im the guy who was born from day one to wear a (insert school here) shirt. Cheesy, but in my case genuine. I want to be near home. I am passionate about that. Hopefully this will be enough. Until then, I study my but off again. Like in Jerry Maguire when he says he wants his clients and all of Sugar's. I want my A's and yours too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, just an FYI that even though some schools take applications early, the admissions committees won't often meet or act on the applications until next summer. On the West Coast I contacted Loyola LA, USD, USF, Santa Clara, USC, UCLA, Davis, Hastings, Boalt, Arizona, ASU, Oregon, and Washington and that's the jist of what I got. The only school I ever heard of with an early admissions policy for transfers is Georgetown.