Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Crossroads

I just got done with a two hour meeting with a prof from last term. This prof in many ways embodies the type of attorney/person I strive to become. He is very articulate and genuine, yet still has the edgyness for when he needs to be a shark.

I have spent many meetings with him talking about my transfer options. Throughout all the conversations he remains partial to keeping me at this school. He reiterates that good attorneys rise to the top regardless of where they graduate from. He has shown me in many ways why this school is better than most. Our bar passage rate is awesome for people that get 3.0's. There are many solid reasons to stay, and yet still so many to go. Conflicted to say the least.

My transfer applications will be sent next week to three schools. I figure I want to at least try. Lets see if I can get in anywhere. I owe it to myself and my family. It just feels good to have a mentor that provides solid advice. That is hard to find.

No comments: