Thursday, September 30, 2004

Pressure Cooked

I suppose we all have our bad days. I havent really had one in a while until today. Cant really pinpoint all of whats pissing me off. Everything just seemed snowball from the time I got up this morning. Ive been eating pretty crappy too. Im sure that is partly to blame. The sacrifices law students make on their personal lives, bodies included, is immense. I guess I will feel a little less bad (great grammar huh ?) taking my clients money when I get done with all of this. Im the one sitting in that damn chair for 12 hours a day. My back is killing me. Im pissed off about a writing assignment i bombed. The hardest part of law school is not knowing how you are doing until the absolute end. This is too anti-climatic for me. I need to know. Enough about that.

Its funny being the only democrat out of all my law peers. I enjoy debating 2 even 3 of them at a time. This helps my adverserial skills by leaps and bounds. I didnt catch the debate tonight, but hear that Kerry spoke well. I wonder if all the GOP's do the elephant walk? I bet they do. Frat boy initiation week style. Probably even just for fun. It does take a sick person to love the right wing. But God bless this free country and the 1st Amendment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hm...reminds me of an entry I wrote this summer...I was away from home, extremely lonely, studying long hours much like we are now and I felt like I was in jail. But, in that solitary existence I tried to find moments for myself. Here is a passage from that entry, which conveys the irony of optimism that can emerge from such difficulty...

"The wind howls & dark, forboding clouds overcast the already painful sky. And it rains profusely, as if to nourish the deprived soul, making up for the tears I should shed and transposing the whispers of my heart. Lightning strikes, illuminating my cold room with the momentary brightness of a thousand volts of electricity. In flashes, you can see me, standing alone. Red lips contrasting with the blue-hued metallic colors of the night. While listening to the silence surrounding the sharp claps of thunder, swirling in unbound chaos, and in my solitude I am briefly taken by the beauty of the moment. The cold. The silence. Its meloncholy. I am transformed. Release..." ~J.