Friday, August 12, 2005

They dont make a pill for this

With one week at my clerkship left, I have to say that it has been very dramatic. One week i love it. The next I hate it. Nothing really changes with the work. Some projects are better than others but for the most part, my enjoyment comes when I am in a good mood. Part of me expected more, the other realizes that work is work, and im not exactly getting paid to play basketball like I had dreamed of as a boy.

I see the next few years of my life being exactly of what I make of them. But does it ever get to a point where I wont be able to affect change like I think I can. For example, I happen to have about 60 hours work of work to get done in one week. Not the way I envisioned my last week there. Apparently, the firm is notorious for assigning clerks lots of projects in their last week. This comes with the territory of working for a "real" firm.

So I plan on finishing strong. Then my week off will be spent writing my law review paper to see if can sneak on. If I have any time to spare, im sure it will be spent worrying about the rest of my life. That seems to be what I do for fun. Seriously.

2 comments:

Abogada said...

You'll get it all done, and you'll do it with style. You are the only one who could make clerking look so good.

Anonymous said...

To the last poster,

You're a freak and thats all there is to it.

Ope