Thursday, August 25, 2005

A few 1L's joined us for lunch at orientation today. Sitting down to eat I was faced with a challenge. Should I:

a) warn them that their life as they know ceases to exist.

b) tell them that studying and outlining is useless for success in law school.

c) tell them to scarf their food down and go directly to the library

Well. I did neither. I did the noble thing. I told them that most of what they hear about first year is a myth and the only true thing to believe is that you should be studying until your eyes bleed every night until finals. The suckas bought it, hook, line, and sinka.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Wow! Great blog! I just thought your readers would be interested in my new patented product, Hippy-Off.

Hippy-Off is a completely non organic, ozone depleting spray that covers Hippys with an extract of boot leather, gun oil, and deer hide that will end your hippy troubles forever!

Guarenteed to eliminate ground coffee smell, commune stink, and other "nature" oders on contact!

Small and portable, Hippy-Off fits neatly into tool belts, shoulder holsters, even cowboy hats!

Having grievences with Granolas? Floundering in Flower Children? Problems with Peaceniks?

Well let them trouble you no longer! 6 out of 7 professional hunters choose Hippy-Off for all their non leathal, anti hippy events and functions.

Whats that? Did I just hear a post modern humanistic neo feminism class just end? Better get to the store and purchase your canister of Hippy Off right away!