Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Waitlist's suck

I really decided to go to law school on a whim. I studied two solid months, 8 hours a day, and scored decently. The problem is that I took the February LSAT and applied pretty late in the year. So now I am accepted at one school and waitlisted at two others. The problem is that the school that I want to go to, which is 30 min from here waitlisted me too. I am accepted to a school back east. I hate to sound like a wuss but these west coast winters are about all I can handle. I have never even lived anywhere that was colder than 30 degrees in the winter, and I am about to move to a place that is subzero for a quarter of the year.

After reading that last paragraph, I realize that I sound like the biggest wimp. You try living in sunny soCal all your life, then moving to Oregon. I picture myself to be one of those guys who buys a huge, puffy, over-insulated jacket and roasts everywhere. Maybe a crappy winter is just what I need to keep my social ass in the library.

Trying to plan my life right now stinks. I just started dating someone really cool. I am so picky that I rarely meet someone who grabs my attention, and here she is, two months before I have to leave.

Another thing that stinks are the Lakers. Phil is gone, Kobe is leaving, Shaq wants out. Does anyone remember the Chicago Bulls legacy because the Lakers are going to be crappy just like the Bulls. Some people call it rebuilding, I call it bad business. Why cant they all just get along? I hear Kate Faber is going to be a Laker girl. Either that or Kobe will get traded to the Nuggets.

No comments: