Sunday, June 20, 2004

Anxious

Two months till the big top show begins and I cant sit still. Is this normal? I hear people at the firm talk about how law school was just an evolution of their career as if they born to work for a big league firm.

My background is completely different. I was in a fraternity in college. A college in fact that led my and all my fellow students to believe that our degrees would be worth gold. Guess what Shirley? They aren't. I had fun in college. My fraternity brothers and I spent most of our time drinking beer and chauvenizing women. For most of you that think that kind of stuff really goes on in fraternities, you are right. But thats not all we did. We shaved random eyebrows off, tested food as hygiene products, and designed the very first weight lifting program using beer instead of weights. Well, maybe we weren't this pathetic. Honestly. There could have been a few brewskis and couple drunk nights, but we found time to go class.

I have finally realized the cost of all the time I farted around in college. The uptight people at the firm, are essentially the people that we drunkenly yelled at at 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon, on our way to our film literature class. So props to all you stiffs out there for being so studious.

Time to make up lost ground. But how? So now I am back to the cut-throat rat race, just trying to get a gold plated wheel to run on. I am humble, especially after getting 7 rejections, 1 accept, and 2 waitlist letters. I am kind of worried that maybe law school is harder than I expect, and maybe genetics do factor in afterall. I always thought that I could substitute hard work for my sub-par intellect. But what happens when the best students study just as hard? I am scared shitless though and am motivated beyond belief.

On a random note, saw Dodgeball this weekend. I was disappointed considering how witty Old School was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey alex_slander the gr8,

Your blog "Anxious", leads me to believe you will find my information on ourBest Career Wages site to be very beneficial.

Some of the not so common searches that found our extensive wages site included ...

Clerks Wages
Hairdressers Wages
Chemists Wages
Production Wages
Fire Fighters Wages
Sales Representatives Wages
Pilots Wages
Machine Operators Wages.

We have many hundreds of "essential to read" articles on wages and career topics in addition to many other popular subjects in our Average Career Wages site.

Best Wishes
Emily