Monday, January 03, 2005

Grades

Hey everybody. I just wanted to let all of you know that I am leaving law school because of bad grades. In fact, the registrar called me and asked if I wanted a job at the local carwash. Ok, Ok, im just messing with you. My grades were good. In fact they were really good except for Torts. Torts was a tough exam and until I look at my blue book, I have no way to tell why my grade was so low. Either way, I should still be in contention to transfer, provided next term grades are similar and hopefully better.

Seeing as how most 1st termers are never happy with their grades, I dont plan on breaking tradition. I hate how minuses here knock the grade down to half a grade point. For example, in undergrad a B- was a 2.85, here it is a 2.5. Here, if you get a C, a midget jumps out of a trap door and hands you a samurai sword. He kindly waits and if you dont hurry and off yourself, he intervenes and does the dirty work himself.

All in all, I am satisfied with my grades. Hopefully the firm will hire me this summer and I can spend every paycheck on strippers and girl scout cookies. And if you really must know the exact gpa i received, its real close to Pi.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you were going to kick some ass and take some names. Good job on your grades bud!
~Randell

Anonymous said...

Great job, but try not to count too much on this transfer stuff. I was No. 1 or 2 in all of my classes except for one where I ended up in the middle of the curve. I also already have a BS and two masters. I did not get in anywhere as a transfer (I attend a 3rd Tier). I was bitterly disappointed after working so hard to get good 1L grades....

alex_slander the gr8 said...

Which schools did you apply to though? Im not trying to get into first tier. All the schools im applying to are second and third tier. The school im at actually has all-star faculty, so chances are wherever I go im probably going to get a worse education than if I stay. Unfortunately, the legal world is a popular club, and most of the places I want to work only hire from west coast schools.

Anonymous said...

I applied to Tier 2's on the West Coast and was turned down by all of them. I applied to Tier 1's, but didn't really believe I had a legitimate shot so those weren't so surprising. I ended up in the Top 12% (darn medicore grade in one class killed me). I thought I had a good shot at the Tier 2's and was pretty disappointed when I didn't get in anywhere. I would certainly still encourage you to apply though. I think what may have killed me was not being involved in my school at all (I just studied). A friend ranked in the Top 20% got into one of the schools and he was very active in clubs and such.

Anyway, didn't mean to be a downer. It sounds like you do have a very good shot. I just wanted to give you a heads up on my experience. Good Luck next semester and with the transfer apps!