Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Lava is Red

Law school in an analogy:

Remember in grade school when you built the volcano for the science fair. You were all excited because it was realistic and spewed lava all over the place. In fact, you thought you had a legitimate shot at winning that cool gold ribbon, until the nerds brought their experiments in. There is something about the recombinant DNA of a bee's wings that makes a volcano pale by comparison.

Moral of the story: No elaborate description of baking soda, vinegar, and food coloring will impress those whose sole motivation in life is to compete with other nerds.

4 comments:

JArguien said...

{pats self on back}

1st place winner Oregon Science Fair 1991

alex_slander the gr8 said...

We have a nerd sighting on this blog folks. Hurry, get your wedgie sticks. Nerd!Nerd!Nerd!Nerd!Nerd!Nerd!Nerd!Nerd!Nerd!Nerd!

JArguien said...

Truth is, brains is one thing, but no amount of intelligence competes with charm.

Real winners know...its not just about how good you are, its also how good you make people around you feel.

Write that down....

Abogada said...

O.K., not that I am a nerd or anything, but I have to admit that I was on science olympiad for like one competition in high school. I am not even sure why- they asked me to do it. I didn't even actually do anything. I got a lab partner for each event, and they did all the work while I just sat there. Now that I think about it- the whole situation was kinda strange.