Saturday, October 30, 2004

Red Headed Stepchild

also known as RAP. The rule against perpetuities. Im told that it is used in the real practice of law very rarely. Rarer than a prom night virgin. Rarer than a cool law student at this school. Why not study something for 59.2 hours that will comprise at the very most, 4 percent of our final. Why you ask? Because we are all insecure. I see those gunners eyeing my study habits, wondering if I am the only one who understands it. The truth is that no one really does. Not attorneys, not students, and definitely not myself. But I wont tell anyone else that. Law school on a daily basis is a pony show. It doesnt matter what you know, it matters how you carry yourself. Much like the real world, the majority of students here spend more time bragging about outlines, test supplements, and how much lipstick they left on the prof's ass after their office hour. I try my best not do immerse myself in it, but i am only human. Of course I tell them im acing everything. Anything less would be uncivilized. Let the peons think they know it. Exam time is what counts. The big dance is what counts. So for now, RAP gets pushed to the side for more important matters. The attractiveness of Torts seductively eludes me. Im not the only one though. Such easy material that gets complex based on the hypo. Very tough to study for.
Tonight, my first law school halloween party. If i make it there. My friends and i have been sitting here sticking post its on eachother for hours. Torts is coming along. I think i am going to dress up as a salt shaker/battery and go to the party as Assault and Battery. (drum solo). And most of you thought I was incapable of telling a good joke. Normally there is usually someone that tries to dress up as a play on words. I once saw a man dressed up as a table with a condom, a beer, and a alarm clock on it. He was a one night stand. Pretty creative, but no one wants to dance with a guy wearing a table. Then there always the guy who dresses up as a very distasteful character. A had a black friend of mine who showed up at our halloween party as a slave. The proverbial music stopped at that moment and everyone blushed. Hopefully my costume of Richard Simmons wont be too offensive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't miss anything over here in Beavertron. Nate's party was alright and Mayo & Duke's was all dudes, only 1 hot chick and 2 other decent ones. Man what a let down. Hurry up and come home for winter break.
~Randell