Tuesday, August 24, 2004

my vida loca

Im sitting here in my apartment listening to the goddamn freeway that runs right next to the complex. Its funny how the brochure for these apartments forgot to mention this detail along with a warning that if I left my apartment I could be shot. I have lived through many, many years in Los Angeles, even having my car shot up while I was in it. But never in my life did I think that I would have to carry a weapon on the way to Law school. Im not a wuss. I just know when im living on the wrong side of the tracks. Guess thats what i get for choosing an apartment from the internet, 2300 miles away.

I studied my first assignment for torts. Felt pretty good about it, and even felt that my writing is improving, even if only marginal. Tomorrow starting Con Law, and im actually jazzed about it. For the most part I am kind of homesick and bummed that I am living in a bad neighborhood. Im an optimist and hope that things will get better. In fact, im sure they will. I just don't have many friends here yet, and talking to myself all day and my friends on the phone won't suffice for too much longer. I read a couple more blogs talking about how much they hated practicing law, and it wasnt the most opportune time to hear all that crap. Why do people do something they hate so much? I went to a trial with the summers in my last week at the firm, and loved it. That experience solidified why I wanted to be a litigator. Just gotta get through these tough times. Good luck to all and if you know where I can buy a flack jacket let me know.

No comments: