Saturday, August 28, 2004

Blazing saddles

Sitting through pre-orientation wasnt bad today. That is, until the gunners spoke. The entire front row, 40+ seats, was full of people who thought they were on some kind of american idol lawyer tryout. Ridiculous questions were asked, one lady even had the audacity to ramble on and on with the microphone that was being passed out. After a few minutes, my colleagues turned to me and asked who the fuck she thought she was. Damn Gunners. Nothing wrong with trying hard, just dont make other people have to wallow in your perceived "time to shine".

Met some nice study partners, all share the likes and motivations that i do. And I am still overwhelmed by how many hotties we have in our class. Thats the tough part. Needless to say, i have my game face on and am ready to do battle.

Curious as to how many peeps use the IRAC method to brief their cases? This has been working much better than the silly acronym that the school gave us. I cant even remember what it is.

Unrelated, I just finished listening to Chris Rock's new standup. A little too militant, but Chris had me crackin up when he was talking about married folk. Im not married, but can imagine. Come to think of it, I read about a guy that was married. No? Ok, I know a guy who read about marriage. Hava agood weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine 40+ suckups subjecting their peers to their corny questions. It makes me wonder if the faculty see through "that guy who is asking a qustion just to be hear himself" and if they are just as perturbed as everyone else. I draw a correlation between that guy and "the guy who has an opinon and comment about everything presented in class". I think those guys relish in the fact that the rest of the class would like to give them a swift kick in the bags.
-Randell