Friday, August 13, 2004

I hate goodbyes

Last day at the firm. I never thought it was possible to like co-workers so much, but I actually am going to miss them. Went to dinner with a few partners and the summers last night. I cant believe how exponentially the fun grows when you can fall back on an expense account. This was by far the most expensive meal I have ever eaten and I loved every minute.

The entire experience of working at the firm is the single most important thing I have done for my legal career. I sat in a trial this week, which solidified my wanting to be a litigator. Dancing in front of the jury and getting paid for it is my dream. I suppose it will be even better to actually win the trial so I better study hard. As one attorney said, "It's game time."

I believe that I am suited up, ready to go. Lawsclbarbie said it best with her post about being single in law school. Don't make relationships happen. My best ones have arisen with little effort. The ladies I have chased and forced the issue with have never turned out the be the princess I deserve.

I suppose that my mood is a little altered considering I had some drinks last night and very little sleep, but the sentiment is real. I am going to miss this place. On to bigger and better things though. Stay tuned.

No comments: