Monday, July 18, 2005

perspective

I watched the early news while eating dinner with my family tonight. There was a touching story about a woman who was terminally ill with cancer who had a very short time to live left. The woman was raising her 3 year old daughter and trying to make as many journal entries, videos, cards, etc. before she passed away.

It made me think about how fortunate I am to be healthy and to have a wonderful family and network of friends. It made me happy to have such a wonderful and caring girlfriend.

All in all, it made me realize that even if I work 12 hour days, just to give my family a good life, that the privilege to do so is a greater privilege than most get. I need to take better steps to realize this.

The firm has been good lately, although the work load is slim. While this would be fine if I was on salary, I get paid per billable hour. Now that my credit card is paid off, the money I make in the next 4 weeks is all gravy.

I cant wait to get back to studying again. There. I said it.

1 comment:

Abogada said...

You can't wait to get back to studying, and I can't wait to get a break from it. Ironic that this post is titled "perspective"!