Thursday, July 08, 2004

Wadda Country

Fourth of July is the quintessential American holiday. Independence Day. Feel free to shoot fireworks at people, they wont mind. My "friends" even went so far as to disable the propellant on one of those large flying colorful fireworks, and proceeded to ignite it in the middle of the party. It was pretty surreal seeing blue flames flying right next to my face, smacking most people with burning schrapnel. I got away with just a small burn on my arm. Most of the partygoers thought this was hilarious and wanted more. It was at this point that I savored my pretentious "im going to law school and that's why im better than you" attitude. I don't really believe that, but sometimes it gets hard not to.

My fun part of the weekend was seeing Spiderman 2. A cute Mexican family sat behind me with a little girl no more than 2 years old. The little girl talked through the entire movie, but actually made the movie even more fun that it already was. Every time Spiderman would fight the bad guy, the little girl would yell "El Monstro !!!". When spiderman was sad, she simply asked "Que Pasa". It was hard not to laugh and I must say that it made my weekend.

A month more of filing at the Firm and I am ready for school to begin. I have buttered up most of the attorneys, in hopes that I can gain a clerkship after my 1L. This is not really common practice at the firm, but I hope that 6 months of ass kissing and hard work will payoff.

The Firm softball team is probably the best tool for smooching buttay. Having beers with the partners afterwards has given me a good look at what the firm expects from its employees. Plus, I hope that I will be at least partially judged based on my performance on the field.

More to come later in the week.

No comments: