Friday, July 30, 2004

Another One Bites the Dust

The list is down to one. As of earlier today, there were two partners that were insistant on ignoring me regardless of how many times I said hi to them. That all changed when one of the secretaries forced me into one of the partners' office so he could explain how cold the winters were in Michigan. He had no idea who was about to walk into his office and judging by the look on his face I could tell that he was annoyed for breaking his vow of silence. I walked into his office with a smile on his face and rattled off a list of questions. Every time he ended the conversation, I would get in another question. After about 10 minutes, I decided that he had had enough and I let him carry on. Inside the whole time laughing my a$$ off.

I've continued to browse various chat rooms and still cant believe how pessimistic people are over law school. Constant bickering over how a 161 3.4 is better than a 158 3.8. People actually let their lives be tormented by these scores. Yes, I am going to a lower ranked school because I played grab a$$ in college. But if you are so neurotic that the only way you can be a good lawyer is by going to a specific school, then I am glad that my school isnt prestigious. Some of you people are nuts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think their priority is being a good lawyer, it is going to the highest ranked school they can, so they can get the highest paid job they can, so they can be assholes like the two partners you mentioned.

But you will probably find similar people at your school as well, but they will probably be bigger assholes because of their disappointment in not getting into the higher ranked school.

Anyway, good luck in the fall