Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Heartbreak With Extra Butter

I got a letter last night. Not the one I was hoping to receive from that particular school. Didn't make it off the waiting list. So back east it is. I was pissed for a few minutes, then relieved because it wasn't the fact that I got another reject (9 this application season), it was actually bad sushi. The truth is that I am excited to go to back east. A cold winter will park my overly-social butt in the library hopefully learning civ pro instead of how a verbal contract can land me dinner with the hottie from civ pro.

Ive been getting pretty chummy with the Hiring Partner at the firm. Not in a fake, i need a job sort of way, but he actually is a really cool, down to earth guy who happens to have gone to the same undergrad as me. As I told him about my third-tier school that I got into, I braced for the worst. I prepared for him to tell me that the firm would not be interested in me. Instead he cheered, and was more excited than any of the other people I have told about school. What a relief. Furthermore, he reiterated that grades count way more than the school you attend. I plan on transferring, which means my first term grades need to be stellar. Pray for a VERY cold winter.

No comments: