Tuesday, July 27, 2004

3 weeks

So i have about another week until my deposit at my accepted school is not refundable. My last and only waitlist left is no where close to getting back to me. In the grand scheme of things this money wont affect me too much, but it would mean the difference of having a nice laptop vs. an average one if my waitlist school miraculously offers me a seat.

Tying up loose ends, anticipating August 18th. A nice cross country drive to the other not so warm coast. This will be my first winter in negative temperatures. On top of that, I wont even have any furnishings for my new apartment. Inflatable mattress, inflatable furniture, and a laptop. Combined with the harsh winters, camping out in the library and studying might be the best thing about going to school in this particular part of the country.

Its hard to leave again, considering I just moved back up here from soCal. Leaving all my good friends, family, and dog. Its funny how much a dog can make you miss home. I dont think its abnormal, but I miss him more than most of my friends.

Saw The Bourne Supremacy. Not a bad flick. Too open ended, and the camera work made me a little nauseous.

Got some case studies from the law school that i am supposed to read before orientation. Took a quick glance at them and all i can say is "WOW". It sure is going to be a transition into reading like a law student. Do you think they make law textbooks into magazines? Maybe a Civ Pro book in a GQ format. That would be more digestable.

Still buttering up the firm for a clerkship. I think it is contingent upon our upcoming softball game against the DA's office. Hopefully my Live Strong bracelet will bring me luck. All for now.

PS. if you live in soCal, please go surfing for me. The Oregon "Coast" sucks. 

 

No comments: