Thursday, May 10, 2007

When you look good you feel good...

Our cap and gowns are a joke. Actually they are much worse than a joke. They are downright an embarrassment to all that is right in the world. The cap resembles a beret with stop sign on top complete with a tacky gold tassle that is so short it looks more like a ribbon. The gown is oversized and the sleeves are 2 feet in circumference. Essentially, you could fit five or six arms in the sleeve (giggity giggity). The coup de gras is the purple stripes and ruffles around the shoulders.

After trying the ensemble on for my roommate and his girlfriend, I was met with 10 minutes of laughter. Why must the culmination of my law school career end with such humility? Togas would be less tacky.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I just took my cap and gown out of the bag after reading your post - I had no idea what the damn thing was going to look like. Thankfully it's a normal black cap/robe with a little bit of purple stuff on the sleeves.

alex_slander the gr8 said...

Im going post a picture of my roomate wearing the thing in a few days so everyone can share a good laugh. Its that bad.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you make your first lawsuit against the outfit designer?

Anonymous said...

or just sue your parents because of your face.

alex_slander the gr8 said...

Wow anonymous. That was good. Its funny how this new program i have that tracks the IP address from the comments tells me exactly the location you made your witty comments from. Greetings from the west coast!