Friday, April 20, 2007

Random

I've thought long and hard about this. Right now I'm 75% sure that im going to start up a small partnership after law school and give it a go. I'm a businessman at heart and dont like waiting to be spoon fed my miserable assignments, which seems to be the type of work any associate gets at a firm. This isnt a case of the grass being greener, its a case of logic. If im going to put in long hours, I want them to be for myself. Sure, there are risks. Many of them, in fact. I'm probably going to have to take out another loan to cover the start up costs. I dont have any clients. Yet. I do, however, have unbridled ambition that has found its proper calling.

I might fail, but it wont be for a lack of trying. And either way, I will look forward to getting up in the morning and going to work, something most people will never say in their lifetime.

3 comments:

Abogada said...

Best of luck to you! You will be great!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about clients. God knows you could make a killing only representing all the idiots who have come out of the TKE house. Lets review the list:
-DUI's galore
-Bar brawls & assaults every other week
-Future tax fraud charges for the cheats
-One in prison for attempting to hire a hitman to kill his wife
-Prenuptuals
-Divorces

Looks like you have a good start.
~snowy

jennymae said...

I feel your pain...it will be great to be my own boss and not have someone say 'where the hell did you get this form?' or 'I need you to research the most boring point of law ever and I need it in twenty minutes.'