Friday, January 19, 2007

snow falls, boredom ensues

My classes thus far:
  • Secured Transactions: UCC Article 9 and all the other stuff i need to know for the bar. This one should be my hardest this term. If i go. And turn off the internet. And stop text messaging.
  • Trademark Law: The teacher unilaterally changed class from 8:30 am to 8. Then he stated that 100 pages of reading a week was barely enough. Subsequently assigned 60-65 per class. TG for case summaries.
  • Wills/Trusts: the silvery haired teacher rambles on and on. and on. and on. Surely he must have some type of senility. i hope he has his estate planning in order. The end cant be very far.
  • Lawyers in Society: aka recess. aka fun time. We discuss lawyers and the different issues they face in society, like being rich and stuff. Or what to do when your butler calls in sick and you want fresh made waffles. 3 writing assignments, no final. Our first class discussed why lawyers are hated by society and a couple lawyer jokes were told.
  • Family business seminar: this class was canceled this week because of snow. Had it been in session, it probably would have dealt with owning a family business and the legal issues that arise. Like when a family member takes money from your business and blows it all on a stripper named penelope. Not that this has happened to me, but just in case it does, i want to be prepared. Because a true friend stabs you in the front.

All in all, classes look good this term.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you buddy. Here's to a good last term for me, you and scotty.
~snowy

Anonymous said...

hhahaha fresh made waffles...that is hilarious- just thought I'd let you know, :)
-d.

Anonymous said...

you forgot to add that i'm in your W&T class this semester and therefore it will be awesome.

Abogada said...

No complaining. I spend Mondays in Jail. Then I go to Evidence Problems where I have a judge for a professor. But there are literally only four of us in the class so I get called on every five minutes. Now when am I going to check my e-mail?