Thursday, January 11, 2007

reflection

How much has law school changed you? Probably not much if you aren't a law student. But for those like me, my self identity has changed drastically. As a mentor of mine, poignantly stated, "the law is a seductive bitch." It reels in creative, idealistic masses, and spits them out jaded and weary of what follows. The bar is a hoop as is the job hunt. We are drones, driven by the enormous debt, destined to take the best paying job we can get. Why? Because 1300 a month student loan payment isnt going to pay itself.

Still, I wouldnt trade it for anything. It was all worth it. Even through all the hell. Its one more arrow in my quiver. I dont feel like my peers; the last three years are not a waste. I look back at the last three years with fondness. How many of life's important choices come with the same conclusion?

3 comments:

Abogada said...

Personally, I think lawschool has been fun. No. I am not being sarcastic. I am serious. I sleep most of the day, watch a lot of TV and study...when I feel like it. The only time that it is rough is the week before finals- When I decide to learn what I was supposed to have been doing for the past 14 weeks. But I can definitely say that the last 3 years of my life was much better than having to have a job. So I can't complain.

Anonymous said...

Sleep, watch TV, go to class when you feel like it?! This is law school we're talking about right?
~snowy

alex_slander the gr8 said...

Snowy,
I dont know if i should be flattered or creeped out by the fact that you commented on my blog at 5:28 am?