Sunday, October 15, 2006

Under the bridge

The most intriguing thing about life to me is how unpredictable it is. We all have visions of the future, but I have been consistently amazed, and humbled, at how often my life completely changes.

I fell in love with a new city this weekend- Seattle. The atmosphere, the culture, the people, and the chance to start fresh but still remain close to my family and friends. Perhaps a job awaits me there?

This weekend also saw my Beavers beat UW by 10 after starting the game as 11 point underdogs. The Beavers looked persistent, a character trait that is obviously omnipotent in any application.

Spent time with some good friends, ones that will always be close at hand. It was only a matter of time before their perspectives and positive outlooks rubbed off on me. Many recent wounds have been mended, especially with their help.

I am a changed man. A centered man. More importantly, I am smiling, looking forward to what the future holds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there, sounds like you guys had a blast! Wait until I'm back for Thanksgiving/Civil War. It will be glorious!
~Snowy