Monday, April 10, 2006

Who is in bed with my foofie?

I've been immersed in the legal world for almost 3 solid years now since my first becoming a file clerk. During the years thrice I have conversed with hundreds of attorneys, thousands of law students, 14 judges, and many professors. One thing is clear. The number of people that work in the legal profession and dislike it, significantly outnumber the amount of people who "like" their job. In fact, im willing to say that 3 out of every 4 attorneys would do something different than be a lawyer if they could do it all over again.

So where does that leave me? Where are these jobs that a JD opens the door to (excluding Westlanw and Lexis)? Im seriously entertaining one of these elusive jobs after graduation. I know its a bit early, but i have yet to find an attorney practicing less than 5 years who enjoys their life. Why should I be subjected to misery just to "give it a shot"?

3 comments:

Abogada said...

I HATE lawschool, and more importantly my nerd tolerance is really starting to diminish and I may end up seriously offending someone before I graduate.

Anonymous said...

Abogada,

Please take this personally. You are a slacker. If you were a hard worker, like myself, you would have been working - not only with your mouth or your on-campus action, but with your off-campus and non-school related actions as well - to offend each and every individual in their capacity as individuals, as well as people in their capacities as part of a greater whole/society. It's hard work, but you can do it, if only you'd try.

Attack people's inability to stay out of your business by doing things that aren't their business. Attack people's professionalism by giving them an opportunity to exhibit their unprofessionalism. They won't be able to resist, and by the time they've reacted to something that is none of their business, it will be too late. Then they will realize it and feel horrible for being asshats and will continue to act unprofessionally. Each time they do, it will be your fault. Your existence will offend them. Then - and only then - will you be a true Jedi.

This is the word of the Offender,
Thanks be to Offender.

Kevin


p.s. - you don't really have to take it personally.

Abogada said...

Don't worry Higgins- I am all over it. Apparently I attack everyone's inability to stay out of my business each and every day- because people I've never met before seem to be able to tell me things about myself that I didn't even know.