Friday, March 10, 2006

The Plan

I have a class where there is one person in there who is, shall we say "different". Different in a way that whenever this person speaks the teacher agrees with them, whether they are correct or not. In fact, the teacher, who is quick to cut down anybody he disagrees with, has never disagreed with said person once. In fact, the prof has awarded praise to this person arbitrarily and capriciously. Simply put, this prof kisses the person's different ass. And I intend to reap all the benefits.

On my final, I am going to make some marks identifying myself as the different person. I wont be outright and use his initials, but I will make some kind of reference like , "As I stated in class (insert smart thing different person said).." Being the only different person in the entire class, prof cannot risk failing this person. In fact, if the prof gives different person a drasctically lower grade, that would bring up issues relating to being different. We wouldnt want that getting all over school would we? Prof will have no choice but to award a good grade despite what is written. After all, people love to play the different card, and this time it will be me.

8 comments:

alex_slander the gr8 said...

Maybe the person is "different" because they are the only bearded one in class? Hmm?

Anonymous said...

Yeah right ... only one bearded person in a class in the Pacific Northwest. Campus looks like a Grateful Dead parking lot ... of course except for all metros - AHEM!

alex_slander the gr8 said...

You seem to have some hemp stuck in your throat. Perhaps a $4 venti no whip, no foam, extra hot starbucks latte would do the trick?

Anonymous said...

After this killer game of hack, brah.

Abogada said...

Hahaha. Wow. There is really only one "different" person in your class? Nevermind, I guess I am not really that surprised considering that when I came and visited you I kept wondering where all the black people were. I think I saw like one black person in Portland the entire time I was there!

alex_slander the gr8 said...

Not talking about my African American brethren either. PDX doesnt really have much more than hippies, Metro's, and people who blog about themselves in the third person. Alex is sick of people suggesting this post is about race.

Turd Ferguson said...

Hey don't drag me into this mess.

This place doesn't look like a Grateful Dead parking lot. That would be cool. This place looks like Gloria Steinem ate a bunch of nerds and then took a dump.

Conrad said...

If law school is anything like a music conservatory, "different" probably means he's the only straight guy in class...

IS he the only straight guy ALEX?