Friday, May 05, 2006

Tax Final

I have decided to forego studying for Federal Income tax in lieu of answering every questions with a tax cliche. For example, I plan on answering most of the exam with, "The only sure thing in life is death and taxes."

What if taxes caused death? Is that a casualty loss under IRC Section 165? Can I deduct the cost of my tuition for this class as a useless expense under IRC Section 411? Aha, that was a red herring folks. There is no "useless expense" under "the Code" as us tax experts like to call it.

This term has been one big waste of my time. Working is far better than studying Tax. For those of you not in law school that would like to experience a day as a hippie law student studying Federal Income Tax follow these directions:
1) find nearest corn field.
2) remove underpants (including briefs, thongs, gstrings, bloomers, chastity belts)
3) Run backwards through field at full speed.
4) Repeat until bled dry

3 comments:

Abogada said...

That is actually kind of how I answered the essays on my tax final. I didn't really know all the answers to the real questions, so I just kind of made up questions that I did know answers to, and then typed out those answers for the questions I wasn't sure about. I kind of just made up my own exam so that I didn't have a nervous breakdown while I was taking it.

alex_slander the gr8 said...

That sounds like a vacation from your problems. I like that. But what about Bob?

Anonymous said...

Do you have to take off your underpants even if they're made out of corn-stalks?

What is this "Code" you keep referring to? Everybody keeps carrying around these big blue phone books and bitching about some "Code." Must be from that new Mission Impossible movie with Tom Cruise. Is he a law student? Are all law students scientologists? Hmmm...